This vanilla cupcake is fluffy, sweet, and so much lighter than traditional vegan cupcake recipes. Pair this with my No-Melt Fluffy Vegan Frosting and you are ready for any celebration!
There are many fabulous vegan cupcake recipes, but they are so high in processed fats. Traditionally the cupcake is high in sugar and fat, which is what makes it so irresistible. For those seeking a healthier version without the high processed fats, using less oil is tricky because it can easily turn into bread instead of cake. By replacing the oils and some of the sugar with a whole food like banana, this cupcake stays fluffy and delicious without being too sweet or oily.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or agave syrup, room temp
- 1 medium mashed ripe banana
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut oil or Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk (I used Rice Milk)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Line the cupcake tins or grease baking pan with olive oil.
- Bake cupcakes for 15-20 minutes (25-28 minutes for cakes). Let cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes before removing.