PREDICTIONS FOR 2012
It seems that 2012 is getting more attention than even the year 2000 when everything was supposed to fall apart. The convergence of two notable astronomical prophetic sources: Nostradamus and the Mayan Ca lander suggest a significant event will occur in the year 2012, with the Mayans placing it on or near the winter solstice on December 21st. Most of the information on the web engaging these prophesies are vague and simply speak of destruction and wars. Unfortunately, since human history is full of wars and natural disasters, this is difficult to put into context. A few sources that allow you to think for yourself without making conclusions:
(About Nostradamus, his life and his quatrians.)
(this is a link containing the Chilam Balam, a book of prophecies)
It appears open to interpretation as to whether 2012 will bring total destruction or a transformation of our world. So, below are my summary of the prophecies (not necessarily Mayan) for 2012:
1. Because there have been 3-4 previous races that dominated humanity, it is suggestible that these prophetic sources predict a transition from the current dominate race to another. This may happen through major cataclysms as was the cause for most other dominate races to be dethroned.
a. in the united states, it is thought that Yellowstone is a ticking time bomb. Yellowstone is a caldera of lava underground that is estimated to be slightly ‘overdue’ according to its previous eruption history. Because of the volatility of the area, park specialists have a hard time knowing if the levels of activity are normal or warrant evacuation.
b. Scientists who study solar sun spots and the radiation plums that are flung out of the sun predict that the pattern the sun has for flinging this damaging radiation at the earth is due in 2012. The earth is equipped to handle these events, however such a strong radiation plume has the potential to shut down the technology in today’s world and cause world wide chaos. In the past, radiation plumes from solar flares have shut down entire cities as it interfered with earth’s magnetic field. Such a radiation burst has not occurred in the modern age of dependency on technology, leaving us at a loss to know how damaging such a reoccurred could be on our infrastructure.
2. For half of the katun (20 year Mayan cycle) there will be food, for half some misfortunes. This katun brings the end of the “word of God.” It is a time of uniting for a cause.
3. As we pass through transition there is a colossal, global convergence of environmental destruction, social chaos, war and ongoing Earth changes.
4. The Earth will undergo a magnetic field shift, reversing the polarity of the planet.
5. An asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.
For now, this is all that I am listing as I come across so many vague statements I do not feel comfortable listing them for others to read.
What does this mean for us? Not much. If the earth is going to be destroyed by natural forces, there is not much one can do to prevent it. Taking basic precautions to be prepared for survival needs is only prudent and responsible. Having a survival kit that can support you and your family for a week is a good idea. If you are really worried (or very responsible) you can equip yourself and your family with a sustainable situation where you can produce your own food, energy and basic needs even in extreme earth conditions. Basically, just keep on living your life. It is what you are here to do, right?